Sunday, April 18, 2010

State Capital

As a means to getting her 2 daughters out of the house, and doing something fun, a friend in my ward initiated what she calls "Field Trip Friday." She puts where they are going up on her blog and anyone is welcome to join them. Here are a few examples of places they have gone: The children's museum, the aquarium, a farm, and the city library. Alexis and I have joined them a few times and have had a lot of fun. This past Friday we went to the state capital building for a picnic and a self-guided tour. All together there were 4 adults, and 6 children.

Although the sun hid itself that day, and it was a little windy, we still had a really good time! Unfortunately, I also lost my cell phone. I am hoping that a good samaritan found it and turned it in, and it is safely stored away in the lost and found. One can hope right?? I'll be going back tomorrow to see if it's there. In the meantime, I reactivated my husband's old, piece of crap cell phone, so you can still call me if you want:)


Alexis seemed to enjoy herself, and by the time we got home she was totally worn out. She took a 2 hour nap and I actually had to go and wake her up, because it was getting so late. Here are a few pictures of our fun adventure. Thanks Brittany!

The walkways in front of the capital were lined with beautiful blossomed trees
All the kiddos
Xaya & Alexis
(Xaya is 1 yr. older than Alexis, but they are about the same size and play really cute together)



Notice Alexis & Xaya on the far right of this picture.
Apparently they needed a little rest. Silly girls:)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

What cute pictures looks like you had a good time. Sorry we missed Adrian and Alexis on Saturday. We all need to get together again

UtahJenny said...

It looks like so much fun - this makes me sad I can't ever go!!! (don't worry - I get over it each time!) You got some great shots, too ... and I hope someone turned in your phone - what a pain!

Kim said...

Sorry about the phone I tried to call wondering if some dork head would answer that might have found it, but it went right into voice mail. Looks like you had a fun time (I guess until you lost the phone). Alexis looks so cute. Miss you.

Syme Family said...

That sounds like so much fun. What a good idea. Alexis is so cute. She is getting so big. I am glad she is feeling better.
I have actually been trying to call you this weekend. If I haven't called you by tonight will you call me tomorrow. I am trying to get a count for the blessing.

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun. Love those blossoming trees.

Emily said...

How fun! What a cute idea!

Melanie said...

Here's an idea, the University of Utah Museum of Natural History is free the first Monday of the month!