Saturday, May 17, 2008

Nesting

So, apparently they say that in the last stages of pregnancy you go through a nesting period, where you want to clean and organize everything. I was already a little bit like that, but I think it has definitely been a little worse this past month (I'm pretty sure I'm driving Adrian crazy!). All I have been doing this weekend is cleaning, and it's AWESOME! Having things organized and clean just makes me feel good...I love it! There is, however, a lot that still needs to be done. Getting ready for a baby is a lot of work, and I feel like I will never be ready, I guess that's just how it goes.
As for the pregnancy, I'm doing well. I've been having a little more back pain lately, and unfortunately haven't been sleeping extremely well. I also get heartburn and acid reflux quite often. I definitely get in my share of TUMS! The baby moves around a lot and gets the hiccups often as well (she has them right now in fact), usually numerous times per day - it's pretty annoying when I'm trying to go to sleep.
Other than that, I must say that I have been blessed with a pretty good pregnancy. I am, however, about ready to be done being pregnant. I can't wait to sleep on my stomach, and just feel like a "normal" person again. Most of all, I can't wait to see this baby!!! I've never been so scared and nervous! What a HUGE and sacred responsibility it is to be a parent. I'm glad I have so many great parents to look to for examples!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Cute post. Enjoy the energy burst, because before you know it you're going to be pooped and wondering if your house will ever be clean again. And if it's not, no stress it will be again, just enjoy that sweetie pie.

Natalie said...

Tracey,
You are going to be a totall awsome mom. It is by far the scarest thing I have ever done, and being a mom is not easy, But I LOVE it. it really is wonderful and you will be fine. We are getting anxios to see that little one.

Sorry about my spelling