Adrian's dad got a "Flexible Flyer" sled for Christmas. According to him, this was the Cadillac of sleds when he was a boy. We gave it a go while we were down visiting, and I must say, it WAS a pretty sweet ride. We got bundled up and drove over to a good sledding hill (it was actually a road). I didn't do much sledding growing up, and was honestly a little scared about going down on the sled myself, because you go down head first, on your stomach, on the sled. Adrian and I went down together the first time and had a nice little crash into a snow bank (my fault). Then I went solo, which was MUCH easier to steer, and it wasn't even as scary as I thought it would be.
All geared up!
Adrian was the first to go down...WAHOO!!
Then it was my turn
I'm pointing to where I started....WAY up the hill(I know, it doesn't really look steep, but looks can be deceiving!)
Adrian's parents went down together, and they didn't even crash! Apparently his dad is much better at steering for two than I am.

14 comments:
Way fun! Looks like a serious adventure! You go, Tray! :)
Dang! That looks so fun! Thats a much better hill than I am used to riding down. Fun Fun!
that seriously looks like so much fun!! i remember having a red flyer kind of like that one.. good memories.. hope you guys had a merry christmas and here's to a wonderful new year!!
Love the first picture. It looks like you guys had a great time, I am totally digging your outfits :) !!!
You are so much more brave than I am. I am not a winter sport person and sledding seems to do terrible things to my back, but your ride in the video did look fun. They need to find a way to do this in the summer. Then I'll try it again:)
Your right it feels way faster than it looks. By the way, love your play list.
That looks fun ... were those snowmobiles to take you back up the hill? Because that's how we do it and I am hoping we're not the only ones to take the easy way!!! ;)
Oh, and the hats were made by Ashley McQueen - here's her site: http://www.hatsbyash.blogspot.com/ she is a friend of Brady's Stepmom and that's what they gave all the grandkids for Christmas this year. Ashley lives pretty close to us, she goes to the other ward that meets in our building.
How fun! I'm not too into this cold... snow stuff. Sure looks like a fun time though!
You guys have ALL THE FUN! I suppose if we stuck around long enough we could have fun too!
How fun! :) You guys are so cute.
I heard you are going to spend a couple of days with Janille. That will be fun.
I guess I am doing all right. My back hurts a lot I think I have a pinched nerve because it goes down into my leg. My stint has really been bothering me this time. It's just frustrating having no energy to keep my house clean. I will be so glad when this pregnancy is over. It feels like it is dragging on forever.
Those pictures of Alexis and the puppies are so cute. And I love that hat you made her. Maybe sometime if your not to busy you could make a little baby hat for me. I think it would be cute to have the girls pictures taken in them.
Oh. My. WORD! That looks too fun!
Post a Comment