Friday, June 4, 2010

{zoo}

Prepare yourself. This post contains A LOT of pictures! These are from when we went to the zoo on Alexis' birthday. I took about 200 pictures, so it was pretty difficult to narrow it down.
We had a lot of fun and we were so glad that her cousins could come, we loved spending time with them!

The kiddos: Madilyn, Spencer (in stroller), Alana, Maleea, & Alexis
(Madilyn & Maleea are siblings, and Spencer & Alana are siblings)


The adorable birthday girl

Strike a pose..there's nothing to it....

Alexis loved holding the hands of her cousins and her aunt Janille

Sweet little baby elephant and it's mama...

Another sweet little baby and her mama:)

Spencer, Alana, and their sweet mama, Natalie

Alexis refused to sit on any of the animals on the carousel, so we sat in the peacock bench. However, once the ride ended, she didn't want to get off and totally threw a little tantrum. She then kept trying to get through the gates so she could ride it again. She is a funny girl.


Love was in the air...haha. I totally felt like we were invading the giraffes private time, it was a little awkward!

Little miss LOVES cats! When we were looking at one of the leopards, it walked right in front of the glass, right past Alexis. I seriously thought she was going to die of excitement. She screamed and freaked out...in a good way!

I just loved this shot. Maleea and Alexis look like little models, don't they?

I just love this little girl. I'm still amazed daily and how beautiful I think she is....but then again, I'm a little partial.

Not only did we get to go to the zoo with 2 of Adrian's sisters, we were also lucky enough to have dinner with Adrian's brother and his family, who were in town that night. The saddest part was that Adrian had to work and wasn't able to be there for any of it:(

The restaurant also had games. Alexis loved helping me "roll" the balls. She threw them instead.

But she couldn't wait to get her prizes!

Where we ate dinner, there is also a fun little place where they do water shows, and you can run through the water if you want. This is seriously one of Alexis' favorite places. She loves to go right up to the water spouts and has taken it in the face a few times. I got it on video, which I tried to put up, but blogger was giving me issues, so I'll try again later.
Although we didn't really celebrate her birthday with an actual party and cake, I think she still had a great day! We were so glad that we were able to spend it with family, especially since Adrian had to work. Once again, I still can't believe my baby is 2. She is so smart and fun and amazing and definitely keeps us on our toes. How blessed we are to have her.

4 comments:

Kim said...

So glad she had a fun day and even funner that she got to see her cousins. Wish we could have come too. She is growing up so much I can't wait to see her again.

Janille said...

That was such a fun day! Thanks for sharing it with us! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Kim & Campbell said...

Looks like such a blast!! What a great B-day!

Emily said...

What a fun day! Glad she enjoyed it all!