Alexis' birthday was yesterday, and she turned 2-years-old. I can't believe it's already been 2 years since she was born. I still remember Adrian and I bringing her home from the hospital and just not knowing what in the world we were doing. It was definitely a shocker. Alexis has been such a blessing in our lives. She definitely brings joy to our home (when she's not throwing a tantrum).
We just went to the doctor for her 2-year appointment this morning, and here are her stats:
Height: 36.5 inches (greater 95th percentile...she's basically off the charts)
Weight: 27 lbs. (60th percentile, but she's still a skinny little butt!)
Here are also a few things that Alexis loves right now:
-Snuggling and giving hugs and kisses (when we read her a story at night, she even kisses the book goodnight..ha!)
-She still loves to hold onto my hair whenever it's within her reach.
-Her binky, or as she calls it "binks"
-Cars (real ones and play ones)
-Her baby dolls, and since switching her to her toddler bed, she now sleeps with one every night.
-She LOVES being outside. All day long she goes to the door and says "side, side, side." She loves playing on playgrounds and sliding down slides.
- She is obsessed with water...especially playing with it. The other day I filled the kitchen sink with a little water, pulled up a chair, gave her a few cups and she stood there and played for an hour! The problem is you can't even give her a cup of water to drink without her playing with it.
-She is a total jabberbox at home, but won't say a word around people she doesn't feel comfortable with.
-She loves to run around inside, she loves to run around outside, she just loves to run!
-She loves fish and animals of every kind. She's fearless too, she'll go right up to them and pet them.
-She loves putting on Adrian and I's shoes and wearing them all around the house.
-She loves to sing and dance.
-She knows how to say A LOT of animal names and make their sounds. One of these days I'll do a post and list all of the words she can say, just 'cause I'm curiuos.
That's just a few things about our cutie pie. I guess you could say she's a typical 2-year-old now, that loves to get into trouble and do what she wants. It has been so awesome seeing her learn and grow. It really is amazing how much knowledge they gain in such a short amount of time. Most of the time she is so much fun, and I love that I can stay home with her and be such an integral part of her life. Alexis, we love you SOOOO much!!!!
I have more to post about her birthday, and the fun that we had that day, but I don't have time at the moment. SO...stay tuned for more:)
3 comments:
She is a cutie, I soooo wish you were closer and we could have playdates for Landon and Alexis. I am glad that she is just really tall it makes me feel like maybe Landon isn't that small (we will see next week when he has his Dr. appt). I love you and I too can't believe Alexis is already too, sounds like she is a doll and keeps you busy. Good talking to you today. Miss you.
She is SO SWEET! I am so glad that we where able to spend yesterday with you guys! WE HAD A GREAT TIME! Love ya!
It's amazing how time flies. I can't believe how big she is getting. In just a short time, I'll be saying the same things about Ellie.
Post a Comment