Monday, July 12, 2010

{catch up}

Okay, let's be honest, I've been a total blog slacker lately. Don't fret however, because there hasn't been too many exciting things happening around our neck of the woods. We have been enjoying the summer, but I personally have had enough of the heat. Why can't it be sunny and beautiful, but stay at around 70 degrees....that would be perfect! Alexis loves to stay cool by sitting on the porch, eating popsicles, blowing bubbles, and, of course, playing with water. For those of you who don't know, my child is OBSESSED with water...drinking it, touching it, seeing it, playing with it...you name it. You might think I'm over-exaggerating when I say that, but we recently got proof.

When styling Alexis' hair I normally wet it down with a spray bottle and Alexis normally loves to suck the water out of it. She recently learned how to actually make it spray. Well on the morning of the 4th of July Adrian and I were in the kitchen getting some things ready for dinner that night. Little did we know that Alexis was in the living room playing with the spray bottle. After about 15-20 minutes, this is what we found...


She had sprayed herself so many times she was SOAKING WET!!! Wow, she is one silly girl!


The following picture was Alexis the other day...AFTER her nap. Apparently her nap wasn't long enough.



And last, but not least, we took Alexis to see Toy Story 3 the other day. She loves Toy Story 1 and 2 and loves Buzz. Aside from the fact that she was trying to get out and leave before the movie even started, she did pretty good once she saw Buzz. I think the sound might have been a little loud for her too, but she survived. Actually, now that I think about it, she hasn't wanted to watch any Toy Story movie lately at home, so maybe she didn't really care for it! Oh well, who knows:) Adrian and I liked it!

This is the face Alexis makes lately when she says "cheese!"

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is such a cute girl! I love the water bottle pic. What a cutie!

Janille said...

Those are some classic pictures. She is such a sweet heart! Glad you are having a fun summer! If you need more heat, come visit me! I will let you sit through an hour of swim lessons in 105 degree temp.

Lindsay said...

I love that she sprayed herself til she was soaked. Too funny!

Emily said...

What a character! Seeing her lay on that couch... she is getting so big!

Scott and Sara said...

I love those pictures. I love the one after her nap. She looks so LONG! She is so fun to play with. We need to have a water play date like Britney was saying! Want to????

Adrian Anderson said...

Is it really possible that she can be that cute! What am I talking about she has you for a mom so it is totally possible. Love you babe and look forward to seeing both of you on Saturday.

Emily and Ryan said...

How funny that she is so obsessed with water. I can't wait to see what my little girl will be obsessed with. She has grown so much! She is just beautiful.