It's weird to think that I am almost 16 weeks along into this pregnancy. It feels like it was just a few days ago that we found out I was pregnant!.. I was only 4 weeks along at the time, mind you. I wanted to just put down some of my feelings to remember for the future. I was so bad at recording things during my pregnancy with Alexis and really want to be better about it this time around.
To be honest it's still a little surreal to even think that I'm pregnant. I'm starting to get a little belly, but then part of me thinks it's just because I've been eating so much lately! I seriously have to eat every few hours or those nauseous feelings start to creep back in.
I can't wait to be far enough along that I can feel the baby move and kick. I think that makes it so much more "real." I have my 16 week doctors appointment next week, and I'm excited to hear the babies heartbeat again too. I definitely need the reassurance. I can't help but worry that everything will be okay. I don't know if that's just the skeptic in me, or just the normal feelings of a pregnant woman. I'm sure it's a little bit of both.
I have been feeling a lot better lately, but still have little bouts of feeling yucky here and there. I have been having A LOT of acid reflux lately though, which I don't really remember having so early with Alexis, and it's AWFUL. I had heartburn and acid reflux terribly at the END of Alexis' pregnancy, but I figure that's normal when your stomach is basically shoved up into your throat, because your belly is so big. However, I don't really remember having it so early before. Who knows, perhaps it's a sign that the baby is a boy? Adrian would love to think so:) He, of course, thinks it's a boy anyway. I personally think it might be another girl, so I guess we'll see who's right. Of course, we will be happy with either!! (yes, Adrian will be too:)
I'll have to post again after next weeks appointment, and then 3-4 weeks after that, we'll have another ultrasound to hopefully find out what sex this little baby is!! So exciting...and nerve-wracking!!
7 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS TRACEY!! 16 weeks..wow!! Soo exciting! The rest of the time will just fly by! :) And I am so glad that you are feeling better!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!!
I also heard that if you have a lot of heartburn your baby will be born with a lot of hair? Just a thought. I too am anxious to find out what your having. It's so exciting either way. Can't wait to see you again.
I hope your bouts of yuckies go away soon! Can't wait to find out if it's blue or pink!
So exciting for you guys. Hope you get feeling better soon and can feel the baby in the next few weeks.
Talk to your doctor about Ranitidine. (I think it's Zantac.) Love it when the pregnancy flies by! I think it's because there are other kids around keeping you busy. Glad you're mostly well!
I had really bad acid reflux with Lincoln early in the pregnancy and then it suddenly disappeared. Maybe yours will too:)
I hate to tell you my situation but I had heartburn earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. I swear that it's just because the innards have a little better understanding of what's happening inside and they just "jump into position" rather than waiting till the baby forces them out of the way. I don't know but that's how I felt with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. I almost had heartburn from day 1 with Hallie. So not fun.
Post a Comment