Sunday, October 24, 2010

{pumpkin patch}

Last week Adrian, Alexis and I made our first-ever family trip to a pumpkin patch to get some lovely pumpkins. We knew Alexis would love it, and she did! They had a little hay maze for the kids, and Alexis made her way through it in a flash, all by herself! She loved seeing all of the pumpkins and trying to pick them up. Of course, she always picked ones that were WAY too heavy for her. We also learned that pumpkins fresh from the patch have VERY prickly stems. Those little prickles are killer, I seriously felt like I had little slivers all over in my hands...OUCH! We found some cute little pumpkins to carve and bought some yummy butternut squash, which was roasted and thoroughly enjoyed by Adrian and I. Apparently Alexis wasn't a fan of the texture, because she spit it out every time I put some in her mouth. Oh well, more for Adrian and I to enjoy:)
We got nice and dirty and had a good time in the process. I'm sure we'll make it a family tradition every year.

The entrance to the hay maze

 Alexis running through the hay maze...literally!





pumpkins anyone?
 Alexis loved her little pumpkin and has carried it around for days.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

She looks so cute in those sunglasses and I love, love her pigtails. Totally adorable!

Syme Family said...

She is so cute I bet she loved that. I wish there was a pumpkin patch around here that I could take Robyn to.