Friday, June 17, 2011

{2 months...already?!}


 Love those chubs!!! :)

 CUTEST. SMILE. EVER.


Wow! I seriously feel like life is just passing me by lately. I can't believe my little boy is already over 2 months old! He actually turned 2 months old on June 6, but he just had his 2 month doctor appointment today. He got 3 shots in his legs, and boy did he scream when he got them! I think there's nothing worse than seeing your little baby in so much pain...oh it just broke my heart! He has been screaming all day, every time he moves his legs. SOO sad! Hopefully we can all get some sleep tonight! Well, here are the little guy's stats at 2 months:

Height: 23 1/4 " (48th percentile)
Weight: 12 .bs. 6 oz. (53rd percentile)
Head Circumference: 15.6" (31st percentile)

The difference between babies 1 and 2 sure is crazy! When I just had Alexis I could just spend all day cuddling her and staring at her, and just doing whatever. Unfortunately, it's a little more difficult for Carter to have all of my devoted affection, unless Alexis is asleep...poor kid. Having Carter AND having a toddler, I'm amazed at how fast the time has flown by, and I feel like I have been such a slacker! I haven't taken nearly as many photos of Carter as I did Alexis, and feel like I haven't recorded nearly as much about him. So here's some stuff about my sweet little baby boy:
  • He has got to be the most awake 2-month-old EVER! The kid is so alert and can stay awake for hours and hours. However, luckily, he is also a good sleeper and will usually sleep for around 4 hours before needing to eat during the night, and even then, he'll go back to sleep again. Unfortunately he has to be nursed to sleep, unless he falls asleep in the car.
  • He is SUPER smiley!! He gives me BIG smiles all day long, and I even got him to laugh for the first time a few days ago, by tickling his armpits. He hasn't gone for it since then, but I'll keep at it!
  • He's been cooing for a few weeks now, and, of course, it's absolutely DARLING!
  • He highly dislikes tummy time, therefore it usually lasts about 2 minutes before he's burying his face in the blanket, screaming, and pushing his little bum up in the air.
  • He's a pretty chill baby, and is pretty good to just sit around for awhile, but he LOVES to be held and talked to.
  • He still dislikes the binky, and frankly I haven't even tried one for a few weeks. I think I've given up.
  • He still dislikes his carseat too. I think it's because he gets really warm in it. That may also just be due to the fact that he's a little chubby. :)
He just seems so big!! I seriously cannot believe how fast the time has gone! Oh I could just eat him up, he is so adorable! Love you my sweet baby boy!

5 comments:

Hansen Family said...

He is so cute Tracey! He looks just like his daddy to me. I feel the same way about Ethan, time has gone so quickly with him compared to how it was with just Kate.

Kim said...

Oh my heavens could he be any cuter. Lovin the studly outfit. Oh I can't wait until I can see him again. Tray he's too cute.

Heather Coon said...

Oh he fits in perfect with your family!! Looks just like his sister. So cute!!

Lindsey said...

He is a total cutie and he looks so much like Alexis! I miss those super chubby days!

monkeystevens said...

Fun, fun fun!!! Thanks for the updates and how awesome to have one of each :)