Yesterday Alexis had her 3-year wellness doctor appointment, and had to get one shot in her leg. The poor girl just cried her head off, and has been limping around and saying her leg hurts ever since. However, I think she's being a little dramatic at this point. One minute she's running around and the next minute she needs help getting up onto the couch! Here are Alexis' stats at 3-years-old:
Height: 39 1/2" (94th percentile)
Weight: 32.4 lbs. (68th percentile)
Everyone thinks she's older than she is!...Unless Carter has some serious growth spurts in his future, I think Alexis may just tower over him:) These days Alexis is quite the character. It's amazing to see her little personality come out more and more. She was such a mellow baby, but I think she's making up for it now, because she is such a spazz most of the time! She's still a little sweetheart though, and is always the first to make sure everyone is okay, and the first to tell us that she loves us! Here are a few more things about Alexis:
- She loves Carter, and is always wanting to give him hugs and kisses. She also likes to put things right in his face...her toys, her hair...everything. One day she while I was in the kitchen, and they were in the living room she attempted to give him a little piece of cheese. EEK! Luckily she didn't quite get it INTO his mouth...just barely to the side of it. PHEW!
- She LOVES fairies and princesses right now (can you tell from the picture?:), and can name all of the Disney princesses, and fairies from Tinkerbell. Target has a display case with all of the princess figurines in it, and it you can press a button to make it play songs from their movies. Well, Alexis is obsessed with it! She will ask to go to Target to see it, and has cried when we've had to pry her away from it!...silly girl.
- She loves shoes. She loves her new flip-flops, and can't stop showing them to everyone. She also loves to put on my shoes (her "glass slippers" as she calls them), and wear them around the house.
- She loves to go to the store, any store, and asks to go almost every day.
- She loves to be outside, and won't go out in the sun without her sunglasses on. While outside she loves to run and jump!
- She's a big helper, and always wants to help me cook and clean.
- She LOVES to watch shows. She loves them a little TOO much! She could probably sit and watch TV all day, and I'll admit (sadly), with the new baby, there's probably been days where she has.
- She loves to paint and color.
- She knows her ABCs and can count to 15.
- She's still not potty trained. I know, I know...we'll give it a try soon. (Give me a break, I just had a baby:)
- She loves books.
- She loves to make piles ("towers" as she calls them), with anything and everything....blocks, books, shoes, movies. She also loves to line things up in a row, or "make trains." It cracks me up! She seriously does this with everything. I've heard it's a sign of intelligence, so we'll go with that! :)
- As most 3-year-olds, I'm sure, she LOVES treats. She starts asking for them as soon as she wakes up and asks for them ALL DAY. It gets a little ridiculous at times, but she just doesn't realize what the big deal is!
- She loves to sing songs. Mainly the ones from nursery and the shows she watches.
- She loves the camera and is constantly asking for it, so she can take pictures. She's actually gotten a few good shots, but usally puts the camera a little close. Her favorite subject to shoot is Carter. Let's just say he's not too keen on the flash being right in his face!
- She still looks just like her Daddy. I honestly don't think she looks like me AT ALL! She DOES however, have my wavy hair and feisty personality:)

2 comments:
She is such a sweetie and I am so glad we were able to be there to help celebrate her birthday. I will get those pictures burned to a disc for you and if you want I can email you your top four. Love and miss you and wish we lived closer
I can't believe she is 32 pounds. Robyn is still 28. She is so cute. Can't wait to see you guys again. We will be up there for the blessing.
Post a Comment