Friday, September 16, 2011

{5 months}

Once again, can't believe my baby is already 5-months-old! I feel so blessed to have him in my life. At 5 months he is such a happy, smiley baby! He is getting so strong!... He can almost sit up by himself, but still needs support...mostly from the back, because he likes to lean back and try to stand up. He's also really doing great at grabbing and reaching for his toys. He can officially roll from his back to his stomach, on his left side, but is NOT good at rolling from his stomach to his back, therefore he rolls over, gets stuck on his stomach and then gets upset. This is not a good thing when he does this in his crib during the night, and unfortunately for me, he does it multiple times EVERY night! Needless to say, I'm having some seriously sleepless nights lately. Considering how much sleep this little guy DOESN'T get, it's incredible  how happy and smiley he is. Wish I was so happy with such little sleep.

At 5 months Carter is also very vocal. He loves to make noise and "talk," and LOVES to be talked to. He has also started eating "big boy food." He has tried squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. It's quite a messy task, but he is getting better and better about keeping the food in his mouth, and I think he really likes it. He's always "eyeing" our food, so I think he enjoys having some of his own. He is just such a silly, smiley, adorable, kissable baby boy! I just can't get enough of him!

 Standing like a big boy (the day he turned 5-months-old)

 Sitting like a big boy

WAHOO!! jumping in his door-jumpey-thingy....ya know what I'm talking about

4 comments:

Brooke Jackson said...

Tracey, he is SOOOOOO HANDSOME!!!

Hansen Family said...

What a cute little guy. He has gotten so big. I love the pictre of him in the jumper.

Meet Britt said...

I can't believe how big he has gotten! He is so cute!

Lindsay said...

OH man, he is a cutie! Can't believe how fast time flies.