Monday, October 17, 2011

{half way to ONE}


Wow, can you believe my little whipper-snapper is already 6 months old? I sure can't! This little guy is definitely starting to keep us on our toes! He is moving around like crazy and is almost crawling. He rolls all over the place and scooches (?) forward, ALMOST in an army crawl. He can also sit up all by himself! He definitely still falls over, because he's usually reaching for something, but all-in-all, his balance is pretty amazing.
He has been eating solid foods for a little over about a month now, and seems to really like them. If we eat in front of him his eyes just get huge like he wants to eat it too! He's still smiley as ever and is really starting to make a lot of noise...cooing, spitting, babbling, and his recent obsession...screaming (usually happy ones). I'm sure our neighbors just love it! :)
On top of how stinkin' adorable he is, these past few months have been quite a trial for me. Unfortunately Carter has been quite a wacky little nurser ever since he was born, and apparently it's starting to take it's toll on my milk supply. From his 2 month to his 4 month appointment he gained only a small amount of weight and dropped quite a bit in percentile, and yet again, he dropped even lower on the charts at his 6-month appointment. Here are his current stats:

Weight: 15 lbs. 4 oz. (12th percentile)
Height: 26 1/2" (54th percentile)
Head: 42.6 cm (19th percentile)

The Dr. didn't seem to worried, he says he's just genetically a little guy, but that's a lot harder for me...I'm a worrier! Anyhow, the kid won't take a bottle or formula, so we're stuck doing the best we can I guess. He's starting to even out a little bit lately, so hopefully we can keep things going for the next 6 months. Hey maybe at some point he'll even sleep through the night!...I can hope right? :)



 Check me out!... I'm a big boy! :)

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

what cute pictures, he has really grown up lately! :)

Lindsay said...

He is soooooooooooo cute Tracey. Addie had some rough times nursing too. And I am the same, a worrier. But now she's so good, and she's almost one. I'm not sure I can quit for a little while.

Kim & Campbell said...

AHHH I just want to eat him up, he is too cute!

Hansen Family said...

He is so sweet. He doesn't seem small to me, for his age. (Not that I would know!) Glad that he is such a happy little guy.

Scott and Sara said...

I love the new pictures at the top of the blog. The one of Alexis sitting against the building is my fav! Carter is so cute and smiley! He will sleep through the night soon! :)

Heather Coon said...

Oh what a cutie, I love that first picture. They grow up so fast!