Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{at 12 months Carter is.....}

Well, I took Carter to the Dr. for his 12-month appointment a week ago. Yep, he officially went down even farther on the scale for his weight. Here are his stats:

Weight: 18 lbs. 12 oz. (4th percentile)
Height: 29 1/2" (40th percentile)
Head: 45.6 cm (27th percentile)

Man, I seriously don't know what to do with this kid! He is the weirdest eater! He's finally been nursing well for at least the last 5 months-ish, so that's been fine, but he is SO crazy with the baby food. Now he is officially boycotting almost all baby food purees, because he gags on them, and then throws up everything he's eaten. However, it's tricky, because he also can't really eat a ton of "big" food, because he still doesn't have any molars, and he's still super gaggy with them too. One day he'll eat green beans, then next day he'll gag on them and throw up. Wow, it's seriously a big trial for me right now. I cry almost every day about this. I honestly just don't know what to feed the kid...he's probably starving! On a more positive note, I gave him some whole milk yesterday and he seemed to like it! He was gulping it down! Hopefully that won't make the list of things he likes one day, and dislikes the next.
Carter is so stinkin' darling though. He really is the sweetest little mama's boy! He is always wanting me to cuddle and hold him, and I LOVE it! Except for the days when he won't take a nap (another big problem we have!), and then he just whines and wants to be held ALL day. Anyone will more than one child knows that this is definitely not always possible! Here are some other things about Carter at 12 monrths:
  • He is a walking crazy man! He LOVES to walk EVERYWHERE! Still falls a lot, but is doing awesome!
  • He loves to pull off his right sock. Not both of them, just the one side. So he walks around most days with one sock on and one sock off! ...silly
  • Then once he gets the sock off, he either walks around with his sock in his mouth OR he puts his foot in his mouth. This is a funny game he likes to play...I'll say "No Carter, don't eat your toes!", and he'll laugh and laugh and stick his foot right in his mouth! :)
  • He LOVES Alexis. He is constantly trying to give her hugs and kisses, and loves to do what she is doing.
  • He likes to do head stands...ya know when they go up on their head and arms, with their feet still on the ground, so he's like a triangle.
  • He is SO curious. Unlike Alexis at his age, he tries to open all cabinets, tries to pull out the outlet safety plugs, pulls everything out of my diaper bag, he loves cords...seriously, child safety locks were invented for this kid!
  • He has started SCREAMING. Unfortunately they're not always happy screams.
  • He can clap and blow kisses. 
  • Still lots of growling and babbling.
  • He's starting to put things in the garbage can. We have to watch this...we've found some toys and other important things in there!....ooops :)
  • He LOVES to climb onto things...beds, stairs, foot stools, anything that's low enough! I walked right into the kid's bedroom the other day just as Carter was falling off of Alexis' little toddler bed. He had climbed up there, because he was trying to get Alexis' sippy cup off of her shelf. Oh boy...gotta keep a close eye on this one!
  • Adrian claims to have heard Carter say "princess", while at church, right before he pulled one of Alexis' princess toys out of his church bag. :)
  • He always gets super excited when Dad comes home from work!
  • He still LOVES bath time!
  • He has 6 teeth (4 on top, 2 on bottom), but I think he may be getting more, because he has been SUPER whiny lately!
  • He LOVES to look outside through the window and loves to BE outside.
We're pretty much smitten over this little guy!  Can't wait to see what he's doing this next year (...and how much he weighs! :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Such a cutie. Good luck with the napping and eating :) kids are insane sometimes.

Syme Family said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I love Alexis. She is so cute. I love, love,love her hair it is so pretty and soft. She was so good and so cute to let me do it today. She had so much fun with her cousin. They played pretty hard. We missed you and Carter. One of these days we'll see each other.

kollers said...

What! I can't believe he is one!! Your kids are darling Tracee!