Monday, April 13, 2009

First Easter....Worst Easter

Alright, so maybe it wasn't the WORST Easter, but it was definitely a downer. Alexis has been SICK, SICK, SICK all weekend, so we didn't go to church on Easter, which made me feel bad, but I didn't want to get anyone else sick.
To make things worse, I cannot seem to get a straight answer on what is wrong with my little one. On Saturday night, after a few days of gagging, vomiting, sneezing, coughing, ear pulling and just plain misery, I took Alexis to InstaCare. The doctor there was really creepy and concluded that Alexis had a double ear infection, and just a bad cold on top of that. THEN, today I took her to a real pediatrician, because she seemed to feel worse, was coughing so bad, and honestly, I didn't know how much I trusted the InstaCare doctor. So today the pediatrician said that her ears looked fine and that she just had a bad head cold. WHAT???
The pediatrician wasn't very nice or personable either. Apparently I was really lucky before we moved, because our pediatrician in Logan was AWESOME! I just want a nice, personable doctor, that knows what they're talking about, whose office is nice. Is that too much to ask? The doctor today tried to put one of those stupid popsicle sticks in Alexis mouth, to look at her throat, and Alexis was fighting her hard, so the doctor got all frustrated and was just like "forget it, I can't get a look in there" and she said it so rudely!! HELLO!!!...She's 10 months old and her throat hurts, do you think she wants you to stick that thing in there. Give me a break. Considering she's been a pediatrician for like 15 years, I'll take her word that Alexis doesn't have an ear infection, but still, I will never take her to that doctor again.
Anyway, I'm just a little peeved, if you can't tell. Other than that, my mom came over for dinner on Easter and we put Alexis in her Easter dress to take some pictures. We ended up having a nice time and my mom got in a lot of snuggle time with Alexis, much to her delight. Thanks Mom:) Alexis was a pretty good sport letting us take some pictures of her in her dress, but she's pretty tricky to catch on camera these days, without her making a face or flailing those arms around. These are the best I could do...ENJOY!





It was pretty bright outside, if you can't tell

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVED our pediatrition at Lake View. He was wonderful, I will have to look his name up know but I will let you know he really was good we liked him alot. I hope that she gets feeling better soon.

Natalie said...

By the way Lexi looks beautiful, as do you!!

Happy Easter!!

Stephen was to sick and only made it to church long enough to teach his pristhooh lesson.

Natalie said...

sorry to post so many times. But I though I better find that info before I forget. So here it is

Cope Family Medicine
620 East Medical Drive Suite 150
Bountiful UT

You can try him and if you dont like him I am sorry. But I thought he was really good.

Kim said...

Alexis looks adorable in her little dress and her little shoes match perfect. I'm sorry Alexis isn't feeling well. I will give you a call tonight and chat. I love you.

Lindsey said...

Sorry she doesn't feel good! She looks so cute in her dress. I love the bright colors. Also sorry about the pediatrician woes. It seems like if they were educated to work with children they'd be a little more compassionate. I'll be sure to count my blessings that I still have Dr. McKenna!

Emily said...

She looks beautiful in her Easter dress! So sorry to hear about your bad luck with Doctors. You know I've had my share of that too. Seriously.... if you are going to be a Pediatrician.... know what you are talking about and be patient with these precious little ones! Our new one is great, but it would be quite the drive for you. Good luck!

Janille said...

I'm sorry you had a bad Easter! I'm sad that Alexis has been so sick! But her little dress is adorable! SO CUTE

Kellie said...

I know, I miss the pediatrician in Logan, too. I think we were spoiled there. But Alexis looks beautiful in her Easter dress! I hope she feels better soon:)

Syme Family said...

Thanks for letting us come visit you. It was fun to see your apartment and let Robyn get out and play.
Alexis looks so cute in her Easter dress. I thing you got some really cute pictures of her. Sorry she has been so sick. That is no fun.
By the way thanks for the hat. Everyone has loved it.
My sister in-law was wondering if you could make a hat for her that's brown like mine and one for her little girl.
She has a size 22 head and her girl has a size 19. Let me know if you would do that and how soon you can make them. Thanks