Monday, August 17, 2009

Destruction

Lately we like to call Alexis our little tornado, because she is constantly on a path of destruction. These days she can usually be found carrying her toys all over the house and, of course, dropping them everywhere. One of her favorite places to destruct is the kitchen. She enjoys opening the linen and the tupperware drawers and strewing their contents everywhere. Unfortunately she also likes to play with her dirty laundry that she pulls out of her laundry basket. Then if I take the dirty laundry, or anything else, away from her, she's very skilled in the art of throwing tantrums these days.
On top of all of the destruction she is just learning so much and I can't believe how much she is growing. She is my little snuggler, which I just love! She loves peek-a-boo lately and will cover own eyes and play with us. We also like to play hide and seek around the house... I'll hide and when she's almost found me I jump out and say "boo"...then she screams, falls to the floor and just laughs and laughs! She loves to put things inside of the tupperware, and can actually sort the shapes in her shape sorter, kindof. She just started blowing kisses. She LOVES animals, and can roar like a tiger and bark like a dog (well, her version of barking...it sounds more like a squirrel, but that's okay:). She loves to be outside, and RUN around. Yep, that's right, she likes to run. Unfortunately she still doesn't quite have the balance thing down, so this ends with many falls, and sadly, many scrapes and bruises. However, there's just no stopping her. If I run after her, she just goes faster...little stinker! So there's a little update on our destructive, loving trouble-maker.


5 comments:

Emily said...

She is one adorable trouble maker! I am actually very thankful that Justin isn't in that stage yet. He can army crawl around for as long as he'd like! Once he walks... I think I'm in trouble!

Lindsay said...

How fun! :) I am sure jaren will take after her. He just started crawling....and I know I am in for it! :)

Janille said...

She is so cute! It looks like she is keeping you on your toes! I just love her!

Kim said...

So cute, it's such a fun stage (busy and fun). It even looks like she is sprouting more hair. I wish we lived closer, because the kids would love playing with her. I miss you.

Whittier said...

I love this post! It's so...familiar. I think Alexis and Cassia and definantly doing the same things these days...making messes, throwing tantrums, blowing kisses, making animal noises. It's great. Glad to know someone knows what life is like with a busy toddler....very fun, but exhausting.