I found this recipe online for focaccia bread, and it is SOO easy! It's a flatter bread that is a little crispy on the outside and nice and airy in the middle. You cut it horizontally, as opposed to vertically, like normal bread. It's awesome for panini sandwiches. If I can make it, anyone can!
Easy Focaccia for Panini
3 cups Mellow Pastry Blend (or use all-purpose flour, but increase the water by 2 Tbsp)
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 teaspoon baking powder
Combine all of the ingredients, beat for 5 minutes with an electric mixer set at mediium speed, and let rest at toom temperature, covered, for 1 hour, or until it's bubbly.
Scoop the sticky dough/batter into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Cover the pan, and let the dough rise for 1 hour, until it looks bubbly.
Bake the Foccacia in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until it's golden brown. Sprinkle it with freshly grated parmesan cheese, coarse salt, and/or fresh rosemary about 5 minutes before the end of the baking time, if desired. Remove focaccia from the oven, remove it from the pan, and let it cool on a wire rack. To make panini, cut it into squares, slice, add fillings and grill. Yield: about 6 large servings.
**We don't have a panini grill, so we just made our sandwiches and then stuck them into our George Forman grill. I'm sure they would also be good on an actual outdoor grill...we we're just too lazy to take it all the way outside:) ENJOY!!!!
3 comments:
YUMMMM...looks tasty! Thanks for sharing.
this is so cool! I have never had panini so I may have to try!
Sounds so yummy. I seriously need a stand mixer the fact that I am still using a hand held is embarassing.
Post a Comment