It was so pretty where we went to camp. There were just fields and fields of wildflowers. I don't think it could have been any more beautiful!

This picture does not do the real thing justice!
When I was in girl's camp, we slept in tents, and even a teepee one year. These girls were living in luxury...they got cabins! This wasn't our cabin, but I loved how it was tucked into the trees. As soon as we pulled into the camp I felt like I was in the original "Parent Trap" movie. It was so cute!

This is all of us that were at camp...including girls and leaders. What a good-looking bunch:) Notice the cute bags and hats everyone is wearing? Our stake theme was "Oh What Songs of the Heart," and each ward chose a musical. Ours was "Mary Poppins." Our amazing camp director (2nd from the right, in the back row), made all of the adorable "carpet bags." They are SOO cute! She also made the darling flower clips on our hats, and I made the hats.
Crazy girls!
Not all of the YW leaders were able to attend camp, but here are those of us that did:
Alicia (youth leader), ME, Lori (YW pres.), Camila (camp dir.), Brittany (assist. camp dir.), & Joy (YW Sec.).
Our cabin!! ...Luckily it was right by the bathroom:)
Our fantastic YW president, Lori. She was nice enough to hold all of the girl's bags while they were on bathroom cleaning duty.
The young ladies.
(front row): MeiLi, Emily, Alicia, Nickelle
(back row): Paige, Mackensie, Monica, Adrienne
We had an amazing spiritual experience where we were blindfolded and placed by an aspen tree. We had to "get to know" our tree the best we could. We were then led away from our trees, in a clearing. We then removed our blindfolds and had to see if we could find our tree again. My tree is the really bendy one on the left of the picture. Luckily is was by one of the only pine trees, so I was able to find it pretty fast.
These two beauties are sisters! It was fun that they were able to be at camp together. They are the best of friends.
Well, that's it! All in all, it was a pretty long week, but I had a great time getting to know, not only the girls better, but also my Savior Jesus Christ. There's nothing like being out in nature to truly make you feel the spirit.








5 comments:
Oh, I remember the year of the teepee. That was the same year we had mice, in the teepee! Good times! Looks like fun!
Glad you had a fun time. I'm sure it was nice to have a little get away. Makes me think back to when I went to camp.
How fun! I'm glad you had a good time. I know mom loved have Alexis! It has been a busy summer for you!
How Fun!! Brings back good memories of girls camp! Your little girl is so cute. As she gets older she looks more like you! We need to get together sometime!
Those pix are darling! yeah, we were never in cabins eiather! (until about 5 years ago when I got to go as a leader in our ward.)
Post a Comment