I was surprised to see how many people couldn't believe my "bravery" in the last post. I have this blog so that I can not only share our lives with friends and family, but also so we can have it as a record to print and save for the future, because unfortunately I'm terrible at scrapbooking and journaling. I want to be able to look back and remember the difficult times as well as the good times. I'm not here to sugarcoat anything. This is my life. It's FAR from perfect, and we go through many challenges on an daily basis. I'm doing the best I can, and try to take it one day at a time. I know there are blogs out there that seem as though the lives of those people are just plum dandy and perfect...that's just not us! :)
I really appreciate all of the support I got from sharing my feelings in the last post. I know that I am not alone, but that we are all together in this difficult experience called parenthood. I'm so grateful to have the support of all of you!
As for Alexis...things have gotten a little better. We both seem to be realizing that we're just not always going to get what we want. I have been trying to be a lot more patient with her and I think that has helped more than anything. I'm sure that I am mostly the one to blame for the constant drama. I suppose right now she is my greatest challenge, as well as my greatest treasure and blessing. When she isn't being a stinker, she is such a sweet, polite and loving little girl. Things still are NOT perfect, and I know they never will be, but I'm tyring to lighten up a bit and teach her rather than fight with her. I am so grateful to be a mother and wouldn't trade her or this journey for ANYTHING!
8 comments:
I know, I know! Being a mom is the most wonderful, frustrating, insane, awesome, difficult, fun, crazy, happy experience! It's nice to know that everyone is experiencing the same things. Those silly two year olds! You just love them, even when they are driving you crazy.
I am glad that you are so upfront in your posts. I think that that is what blogs are for as well; share the good with the hard. You are doing great. Being a parent is craziness at times; we can definately relate!
I started reading that book I told you about ('How to behave so your preschooler will too'). I'm only 2 chapters into it, but have already found it's advice helpful, so yes I would recommend it.
And thanks for being real. It's the best way to be.
Hear, hear! For me, my problem child is Chet and boy does he know how to get me from chipper and calm to insanely mad in like 3 seconds or less. I have never been a yeller till he came along. Some days, I just hope he makes it to bedtime alive and other days I just want to kiss his face for the big helper that he can be. I've been potty training him lately and he did really well one day. That night, I sat him down and looked him in the eye and told him that I was super proud of him and that it made me happy to be his mom. He grinned something fierce and things have been a lot better since then. He still can be nasty (and I often wonder where he learns it because I don't treat him like that) and it takes every effort I can conceivably come up with not to be awful back to him. Some days I succomb to that temptation but, like you, am trying to be better. Good luck and if you need to drop Alexis off here some day when you've had it, we'll gladly take her. I'm serious. She'd probably be an added distraction and a fun playmate for my kids. Good luck!
Love the update... I think being a parent is a very tough job... but what a blessing!
I agree with you and all your friends. Motherhood is all those things. I think you are a great mom. I can't believe how cute you always look. Thanks again for doing my hair this weekend. Love ya!
congrats by the way on the newest little boy! I'm so excited for you guys! You are an incredible mother we just all have our days! I think we, as in all mothers, understand.
I have been such a bad blogger lately, I haven't blogged or read my blogs.
I'm sorry you were feeling so hopeless a few weeks ago. Alexis is such a good little girl and is so fun to be around. YOU did that! The harder things and things you want better are someone else's fault! :)
Really, we do what we can the best we know how. We are still learning how to be parents and what works with our kids just as they are learning how to express themselves. I think you are doing fabulous and I'm sure Alexis does too.
Should we try Target again! hahahha
Post a Comment