Monday, January 9, 2012

{7..8..nine}

 

I feel bad because I meant to post about Carter when he turned 7 & 8-months-old, but it just never happened. He started army-crawling when he was 7-month-old, and has just gotten more and more mobile since then! He's now 9-months-old and just had his 9-month doctor appointment this morning. Considering how small he has been at his previous doctor appointments and considering what a crazy eater he is, I wasn't surprised to find out his current stats:

Weight: 17 lbs. 5 oz. (6th percentile)
Height: 28.25 in. (50th percentile)
Head circumference: 44 cm (15th percentile)

He's just a little guy I guess! The crazy thing is that he doesn't really look that small and skinny to me in person...he still has slightly rolly-polly, squishy thighs! :) The doctor wasn't worried at all though. Said he's progressing normally and that he just has skinny genes. Not really surprising I guess, considering that Adrian and I were both really skinny growing up.
It sure has been a challenge nursing this little guy, even right from the beginning, but I'm glad we've made it this far! I'm happy to think that we're in the home stretch and only have a few more months to go before weaning. I really do feel blessed to be able to breastfeed and all-in-all I really do enjoy the bonding that it gives me and my sweet babies, but I really will be relieved when it's over! Gosh, that sounds terrible, but it will be nice to have a little freedom!
I know I say this over and over again, but I just love Carter so much. I was so nervous to have a boy, but now I really can't imagine not having him! He really is so different from Alexis...much more active, that's for sure! Oh how I love my kids! Here are a few things to remember about Carter at 9-months-old:
  • He LOVES to stand! He just smiles and gets so excited whenever he pulls to the standing position!
  • He has his 2 front teeth on the bottom, and he his 4 front teeth on the top are just about to come through (poor kid!)
  • He says "Dada"...more like "Dadadadadada"
  • He's VERY ticklish!
  • He still prefers the army crawl, but will go short distances on all fours
  • He thinks his sister is so funny and always laughs at her. He loves to try to play with her too, even if she doesn't always feel the same way.
  • He's pretty good about eating his solid foods, but loves the baby puffs!
  • We just started a sippy cup and he LOVES it! He's even figured out how to tip it up all by himself! He spills all over, but he's learning well. :)
  • He is a big troublemaker! He loves to explore and get into everything! He can't sit still for a minute!
  • Still has the darling red hair, but it's getting a little long and unruly! (how do you cut a baby's hair when he won't sit still?)
  • He's a mama's boy, but definitely loves when Daddy comes home!
  • He sleeps horribly! He barely takes naps some days and he still wakes about 3 times a night. I know this is partially my fault, because I don't really let him cry it out. We're working on it.
  • He is just the sweetest, smiliest baby boy and I just adore him! 


check it out...holding on with one arm!

1 comment:

Kim said...

He is a doll. Even if he is tiny now he can get bigger, Landon was in the 3rd percentile once and he moved up in the charts. He is still small for his age, but the difference is getting less noticable. He is just looking so grown up I can't believe it. It will be nice when he is all down with nursing and honeslty it will be so liberating for you. Love and miss you.