Sunday, May 9, 2010

{Motherhood}


I remember being younger and always wondering what it was going to be like to have children...what they would look like, what kind of mother I would be. Never in a million years could I have imagined what it's really like to be a mother. It's the most difficult, most stressful, most amazing, most rewarding thing that I have ever experienced. It has truly changed me in so many ways. I feel so blessed that my Heavenly Father has given me Alexis. Some days I'm not sure why he decided to entrust me with such a wonderful gift. Most days I feel inadequate, and insecure, but I do the best I can. I tend to take life a little too seriously a lot of the time, and forget to smile and have fun. When Alexis laughs and smiles it reminds me that I should be doing the same, and gives me reassurance that everything will be okay.

I'm so thankful for all of the exemplary women that I have in my life to guide me, give me inspiration, and to be the most wonderful examples of what motherhood truly means. I pray that as I continue on in my journey that I can become that example to Alexis as well. I love you my sweet baby girl!

To all the hard-working, tired, loving, sacrificing, beautiful women out there...
Happy Mother's Day!!!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Tracey you are amazing thanks for your example of what motherhood is. You are such a souce of strangth for me. We love you and you do have a very cute little girl!! Happy Mothers Day!


Thanks againg for a great day yesterday it was fun to be with you.

Kim said...

Happy Mom's day to you too. You are a great mom, it has been fun to see you as a mom. Alexis is lucky to have you.

Janille said...

Happy Mothers Day! You are such a great mom! With such a cute little girl and husband.

Lindsey said...

I love this post. Thank you for sharing it. I have the same feelings!

kollers said...

Happy Mothers Day to you Trace! You are one heck of a mother!

Emily said...

Happy Mommy Day to you!

Hayley said...

she's absolutely precious