Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{Carter - 4 months}


Carter turned 4-months-old on August 6th, but didn't have his Dr. appointment until the 16th. I was so curious to see what his stats would be, because he has just been the craziest eater lately and I figured my milk supply, and his weight gain were doomed. Turns out I was right a little bit. He had hardly gained weight since his 2-month appointment and drastically dropped in weight percentile, but the Dr. said he is doing fine, and I shouldn't worry about it. Well, telling me not to worry is like telling a bird not to fly. I still worry he's not getting enough, but I'm trying to chill out a little bit about it. He's doing a lot better lately and eating a little bit more consistently and my milk supply seems to be doing a little bit better. We'll be starting him on solids here pretty soon, so hopefully that will help as well. So here are his 4-month stats:

Weight: 14 lbs. 3 oz. (27th percentile) ....at 2 months he was in the 53rd percentile!
Height/Length: 25 1/4" (54th percentile)
Head circumference: 41.6 cm OR 16.4" (26th percentile) ...apparently my children have really small heads!

Here are some things to remember about Carter at 4 months:

  • He has TERRIBLE eczema on his elbows and calves! Unfortunately he may have gotten his mom's awful skin. I really hope he outgrows it!
  • He grabs and plays with is feet all the time, and even gets them into his little mouth sometimes! SO cute!
  • He is still just a super happy, smiley baby! I feel so blessed to have gotten babies with such sweet demeanors. They definitely get their "chillness" from their dad.
  • He has rolled over a few times, but I'm pretty sure it's been on accident.
  • He definitely hasn't mastered sleeping. He has absolutely no schedule, and some days will only take 1-2 SMALL naps, if I'm lucky! On top of that, some nights he wakes up every 2 hours. I will be SOO glad when he sleeps longer and we can get him on some sort of schedule!
  • His hair still seems to be red, but is much more blonde than it was when he was born.
  • He still loves his mommy :)
  • He laughs out loud, and Alexis is the one who can get him to do it the best! He loves her!
  • He LOVES to sit up and rock back and forth. He's almost to where he can sit up with just the boppy around him for support.
  • He's getting a lot better at holding his head up and is getting better at tummy time.




7 comments:

Paul + Emily said...

I LOVE CARTER!! He is such a sweetheart and his smiley face just makes me so happy!!

The Curtis Family said...

Man he looks a lot like his daddy! Such a happy baby though!

Cade and Kelsie said...

What a cutie! He's growing up so fast!

Kim said...

oh my heavens the first one and the last one are just tooo cute for words. I just love him so much what a sweetie.

Syme Family said...

He is so Cute!

Brooke Jackson said...

WOW Adrian Jr!!!!!!!

wendyberd said...

he looks so much like Adrian - so cute!!!