Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{capital reef}

So as I said in the last post, all of Adrian's siblings (except one), and his parents were all down in central/southern Utah for a little sibling family reunion. On the last day, we all headed out to Capital Reef National Park to explore the sites. Other than me not packing the right shoes AT ALL, we had a great...and very HOT time!
























Alexis and her cousin Alana

 We saw a lot of really cool markings on the rocks left by the Fremont Indians hundreds of years ago. 




















Then we went on a hike. This is where the shoes weren't so smart. We thought it was just going to be a pretty small hike, but it ended up being a least a few miles. Adrian and I took turns carrying Carter on our shoulders almost the entire way. Even Alexis got carried a lot of the way, because she was complaining that she was tired. Can't say I blame her. It was hot and her shoes were a little too big. She did a great job considering how ill-prepared we were! It was a beautiful hike though, and it was really cool to see some of the things left by the Native Americans so long ago. 

 WE MADE IT! These shots were taken at the "end" of the hike. We made it all the way up to this beautiful arch! ...and then, of course, we had to hike back down. :)



 Here's a shot of almost the entire group!

 Our little family...and LOOK, Carter is actually smiling for the camera! ...Amazing!






 Adrian's brother Nick and his family




We had a good time on our trip and it was definitely a fun adventure! Carter and Alexis even slept really well while we were gone, which was a miracle!

2 comments:

Heather Coon said...

So glad you posted! Love that picture of your family, you're all growing up. You look great! Miss you guys!

Syme Family said...

I have thought a lot about this trip this last week. I'm so glad everyone was able to come. I felt bad Janille wasn't there but she did come visit me the week before. I am sorry about the hike. I guess I never really told anyone how long the hike was. But it was such a good day to be with family and have those memories.
Thanks for this post. We love you guys.