Monday, October 27, 2008

5 Months!

Alexis is 5 months old today! I can't decide if the time has gone by fast or not. There are so many new little babies in my ward, and I just look at how small they are and it's like I don't even remember Alexis being that small (my horrible memory could probably be to blame for that). It's been so fun to see her grow and see her little personality come out. She used to be such a quiet little baby, but now she is starting to make so much noise all of the time, it's really cute. My relief society has a mother's luncheon every week, where all of the mothers get together at someones house (it moves around) and eat lunch and the kids play. A week or two ago she started making all of these sounds while she was playing at the luncheon, and a girl in my ward was like "Is that Alexis? I've never heard a peep out of her before!" Yeah, that's not the case anymore! She blabbers all during church. Unfortunately her nap time usually falls right during sacrament, and she will NOT sleep at church lately, so she turns into a crazy person! What do you do?
She is getting a little better at sitting by herself, but still needs a little support. She has also found her feet this past month...I caught her sucking on her foot the other day, it cracked me up! Now that she's 5 months old, we are also going to start her on a little rice cereal, so that's exciting! Just a few teaspoons a day to get her used to it, we'll see how it goes. I think she'll like it. Whenever we eat in front of her she just stares at us like she feels bad, because she wants to eat some too, it makes me feel so guilty! Anyway, she just gets cuter every day, and we love her to pieces!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Seriously, I'm on my 4th child and it still amazes me how fast they grow! So much fun... but I wish I could put a brick on their heads to keep them tiny! (not really of course!)

Kellie said...

I love when they start making tons of noise. Of course I don't like it at church when they should be sleeping so we can listen to sacrament meeting, but in general, I love it!

Kim said...

I can't believe it has already been five months, you are right about the only getting cuter. I just can't wait to see what as a little girl.

Kellie said...

I got the Family thing at Sugar 'n Spice on Main St. Have you ever been there? I could walk in there for hours. That is if I didn't have Megan and Jeremy with me. When I graduated I spent a lot of my graduation money there, thinking we'd have a house soon and that I'd have a place to put all the cute things.