Thursday, October 16, 2008

Crazy Sleeper

I'm not sure what has been going on, but for the past 3 or 4 days Alexis has been doing the craziest things in her sleep! I used to swaddle her and she would just lay there, but she would usually get her arms out of the swaddle. Now she is ALL OVER the place! I will face her one direction at night, with her arms all wrapped up in the blanket, and I will come in in the morning, and she will be facing the completely opposite direction, and be completely out of her blanket! It's like she's a little magician! I'm pretty sure that she just lifts that litte bum of hers really high up in the air, and the plops herself over to the side, and just keeps on doing that over and over and over, until she's completely turned around. I have found her in about every possible angle in her crib. I don't know how she's even getting any sleep at night!
She still wakes up a few times during the night, and I will usually try to just put her back to sleep without eating the first time (around 1:00 or 2:00 a.m.), then she'll usually wake up again around 4 or 5:00 a.m., and I'll usually feed her then. Each time she wakes up I'll usually find her in some crazy position, mostly unwrapped from the blanket, so I'll wrap her back up again, because I don't want her to be cold! So when she woke up during the early morning today to eat, I put her back to sleep with her head to the right and her body to the left. WELL...this picture is how I found her this morning!

The stick figure in this picture represents where she was placed when she initially went to sleep. As you can see she got a little turned around...crazy girl!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Justin does the exact same thing! Especially with his whole Torticollis issue, we are supposed to put him down a certain direction to help his neck. He NEVER stays that way! I gave up swaddling him in blankets a long time ago. He's too squirmy! She's a doll!

Kim said...

Welcome to the jungle of sleeping. My suggestion is get some really warm sleepers for her, because Landon does the same thing and i Know he must sleep most of the night uncovered. She still looks so sweet. Love ya.

Kellie said...

Kinda makes you want to set up a video camera to catch all the action!

Syme Family said...

It is so crazy how they move around so much. Lately when I get Robyn up in the morning she is on the opposite end of the crib laying on all her covers with her but strait up in the air.

kollers said...

Trace!!! We need to get together. Alexis is so big! I just love the stick figure drawing. Well she is darling and you are such a great mom! I love it when you coment and say DUDE... I can totally hear you saying it and it makes me miss you. Hope all continues to go well and give Alexis a squeeze for us!

Lindsay said...

How funny

Whittier said...

I know how you feel. Cassia does the same thing. Except lately she's also added a roll in it, so I find her everywhere, on her belly or back.

Angela said...

She sounds just like me! I have always been a crazy sleeper! :) Anyway, she is adorable...and I love the cute sweater that your mom gave her!